13 August 2009

SHUTUP - LISTEN!!!

After 21 years i realize that my mouth need rest... atleast momentary rest!


My amma used to say that she waited for more than 18 months to hear my first word since my birth. From then I shouted, yelled, yawped, complained, questioned, negotiated then argued, argued, argued...

Four years of Engineering taught me nothing but to argue. Argue in class, in canteen, and even in GD's!!! The last arguement i had was one of the best & conclusive!!! first of its kind, uh!

'I started arguing with myself to stop arguing.'

Afterall the mouth can be shut, so why dont give a try!

I still wonder why god/nature provided means to shut our mouth while the ears are kept open always!

Does the design requires us to listen always and to talk only when there is no other way?
Should i have listened more in the past rather than chucking worthless words?
should i have tried to understand the problem before discussing it?
had i miss the opportunity to laugh at other's stupidity?
had i miss a friend just because i never gave him time to speak?

I asked these questions to myself and to my surprise there wasn't any counter arguments within!
When there are no arguments to ponder upon, mind works fast to yield answer. (As generally believed, arguments don't always converge at a conclusion, however effective they might be. This is what i have learned after 21 years of survival)

So here i am preparing myself to celebrate my silence and to listen...
Hmmm...

16 comments:

Silent Thunder said...

Nooo.. Gokul stops arguing.. Earth will stop spinning! Even electrons will be stopped in their orbits! The world's gonna end!!

On the other hand, i really want to talk to you now.. And coax u into an arugment=)

Black Light said...

Hmmm... :-)

Unknown said...

Stp talking?? damn that's hard..For a talkaholic like me,i tried to use this as my new year resolution...last 8 years..:P:D never worked.u may get away with a "hmm".on ur post..but how far can u manage that with people around u..lets just see![oh i cant see right! DAMN!]

Black Light said...

I lost yet again :-(

The very next day I was forced to argue with my Driving Instructor over the usage of clutch.

But i didnt argue much as he never had the intention to listen. So i just dropped the argument :-)

Both felt better :-)

The next argument happened in the same day over the same topic with ganesh!!!

I started listening to him (which i never did in the past) & We finally arrived at a conclusion!!

Ask Parth (Ganesh) for more info about it :-)

So actually arguments are good, if you are prepared to listen and discuss.

Anonymous said...

Arguments never end.But with every argument,you can express your views and get accepted or rejected.
With every argument,your mind relaxes as it had spilled out the thoughts.
With every argument,you learn something.
So arguments are needed.:D

Black Light said...

Arguments when one has the intention of listening can alone satisfy all your above features :-)

HaRy!! said...

hmmm it ll never tend to cease..will it? just came across yur blog...good posts yu hav! and i had a different thought when i read the title :)

Black Light said...

Different thought!!!
;-)

Silent Thunder said...

Lol! u r arguing with vatsan about arguments again..:D

Rakesh Vanamali said...

I feel quite the same now! Stop, listen, assimilate and not speak...... difficult but possible!

Parth said...

Does the design requires us to listen always and to talk only when there is no other way?
Both are not exactly true. First we don't listen all the time. Hearing, yes. Listening, rarely.
Second, we think we have a *complete* control over talking too. But as your confession about arguing the very next day proved, we don't.
Enhancing listening and controlling our tongue requires practice! Thats how the system works. hmm. :(

I started listening to him (which i never did in the past)
Oh i thought you wouldn't. :D
Anyway i don't prevent myself from explaining what i think to even someone who doesn't care to listen; it puts my thoughts in perspective. So don't refrain from going into arguments if the subject matter matters to you. ;)

Black Light said...

i was talking about what the "design requires" (questioning myself)
and not what we do! :-)

"we have a *complete* control over talking too"

I never had control over mouth. It controlled me ;-)
I just thought of bringing it under my control!

And ofcourse, the last part is known to all. You are great !!!

well LISTEN, UNDERSTAND, CONVERSE...

DONT SPEAK!!!

Parth said...

i was talking about what the "design requires"
The "design" is a freak. It wants nothing. Not even survival. Thats where me and Darwin enter into conflict. :D
And ofcourse, the last part is known to all. You are great !!!
If its known by all, how can i be great? :p (I'm attracting gokul into another argument. Let's see.)

Black Light said...

"The "design" is a freak"
Nope the design is perfect.


"If its known by all, how can i be great?"

Popularity cant be suppressing intelligence. :-)

Black Light said...

lets have a chat over messenger if you want to talk about it anymore :-)

workhard said...

HAHA..

Nice post..

true.. if ur ears are open.. its a lil difficult to keep the mouth shut.. i never understood the term 'deaf ear'


Web hosting india